OUR LEAD MOLECULE PN6047 has the ability to become a medicine for the treatment of chronic pain. This is underpinned by the following:
- PN6047 is a novel fully patented molecule without any significant toxic effects in preclinical testing. PN6047 can be cost effectively synthesized
- PN6047 is highly selective for the delta opioid receptor and does not interact with other receptors, transporters or enzymes studied
- PN6047 preferentially signals via Gi proteins compared with arrestin proteins
- PN6047 has high potency and efficacy in reducing neuropathic pain in various animal models
- PN6047 lacks unwanted morphine-like side-effects, such as analgesic tolerance, drug abuse potential and respiratory depression
- PN6047 has an excellent preclinical safety profile lacking CVS/GIT interactions and seizure induction
- PN6047 shows no histopathological effects following long-term multiple high dose administration.
THUS, PN6047 can be the drug of choice to combat neuropathic pain and other conditions involving sensory hypersensitivity such as chronic cough and itch.